Sunday, February 8, 2009

See You at PETEandC

I'm looking forward to learning and networking at the PETE&C educational technology conference this week in Hershey.

Monday
Monday will be my day to attend sessions. I am particularly looking forward to seeing how I can better use Moodle and other free Web 2.0 tools in my classroom. I am hoping to find a gem or two from these sessions. A session that I will be attending virtually will be the "Results of Web 2.0 Tools in the Classroom" session about the Harrisburg University class I took this summer. Andy Petroski and Jim Gates will be using parts of a video I made with my responses to questions related to the course and how I have implemented web 2.0 tools in my class.

Tuesday
Tuesday will be the day that my students will participate in the student showcase from 9:45 to 12:00. They will be showcasing their collaborative writing project Writing 4 History, where they are currently in the process of finishing four books to be published on Lulu.com. My day will be spent with the students, so I will be unable to attend any sessions. Besides the student showcase, the biggest highlight for me on Tuesday will be the Opening Keynote by Daniel Pink.

Wednesday
Between 9:45 and 10:45 I will be helping with the session "A Journey to Improve Teaching and Student Learning" in the Crystal A room. This session is about how Hershey Middle School is implementing a progressive technology initiative by facilitating technology coaching, professional development, research based teaching strategies, and open source tools with 1:1 classrooms to improve writing and thinking across the curriculum.

No comments: