One year ago today:
- I did not blog...I just thought about a bunch of stuff
- I did not use Google Reader...I used my computer's bookmarks to read a few websites
- I did not use Delicious...I saved everything for my eyes only
- I did not use rss feeds...I didn't even know what they were???
- I did not have an online professional learning network...I learned from only a few teachers I worked with on a daily basis
- I use blogs to reflect, share, and simply to think
- I use Google Reader as a continuously updated and personalized magazine
- I use Delicious to organize, share, and view websites tailored to my interests
- I use rss feeds to passively search for topics of interest to me
- I use my blogroll, Delicious, Classroom2.o Ning, HarrisburgU Ning, MiddleTrojan Ning, Diigo, LinkedIn, and Twitter as engines that connect me to passionate learners from around the world
- Are we wasting our students' time?
- Do we value their input?
- Are we teaching students to be curious?
- Are we teaching students to value knowledge?
If not, why not?